From: DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:06 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] hey group

Jeff, you probably won't like this, but we do this here.  How we do it
is
we sell it by the inch (or ml in this case).  And we charge by the inch.
We cut it to length, box or bag it (depending on the part), and charge
for
what was shipped.

It works OK, the customer orders how much he/she wants, and
shipping/packout handles it.  Pricing is no problem, they pay for what
they
get.

I don't see how lot control would be impacted doing that scenario,
either.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "Jeff Snyder"

             <jeffreygsnyder@h

             otmail.com>
             Sent by:                  mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             mapics-l-bounces@
cc
             midrange.com

Subject
                                       [MAPICS-L] hey group

             02/19/2007 09:41

             PM

             Please respond to

             MAPICS ERP System

                Discussion

             <mapics-l@midrang

                  e.com>

   I am working with a customer that has a pkg situation.   they sell
the
   same item no. in various pkgs, ie 1 ml, 5 ml, 10, ml etc....    they
also
   have lot control and are using all 10 characters,  any ideas of how
we
can
   defferientiate the pkg size would be appreciated....additional part
number
   is not an option....we'd like to avoid using locations as pkg
info......

   any ideas would be welcome...an integrator solutions with a tag along
file
   to SLQNTY  sounds like a lot of wrap code, we'd like to avoid....

   If you have solved this or have ideas, we'd like to hear from you....

   thanks

   Jeff snyder,  CPIM
   Guide technologies, LLC