We have about 100 active MAPICS users (120 registered), with 240 PCs
throughout an 11 acre factory (fully networked with a mix of fiber and
copper, plus an R/F network), 1 mfg location (about to expand to 2 through
an outsourcing deal),  9 ThinkPads for our mobile sales force (Lotus Notes,
plus a VPN being rolled out to them), 50 printers, 12 servers covering
e-mail (2), COM_Net, 2 Help Desk servers, Sametime, fax server, optical
storage for report archiving, 2 Engineering servers (Pro/E and
AutoDesk/Inventor), Websense, Novell.   Plus, of course, the i5 running
MAPICS.  We also have a prototype R7 server running (well, sitting mostly,
since I can't get approval to upgrade).   I am also responsible for a Rolm
phone system, voice mail, and a Cisco VOWIP cell system.

Staff:   2 RPG programmers, 1 network administrator, and me.  I help cover
PC support, do a little RPG programming (my programmers cringe when I write
code), application design, help desk, general troubleshooting,
administrivia, and most importantly, I make the coffee!

No operator, had to lay him off 3 years ago.  ROBOT helps a lot there.  We
also have a payroll clerk that sits in the computer room, and she handles
the supplies and phones while she is here.   Do I need more help?   You
bet!!!

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "David Hayes"
             <DHayes@hartness.
             Sent by:                  <MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             mapics-l-bounces@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [MAPICS-L] MAPICS and user support
             02/16/2007 08:35
             AM

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

My IT department supports 135 R6 MAPICS (IFM, IM, MRP, PCC, COM, IFM,
CAS, PUR, EPDM and Browser) users, 300+ P/C users worldwide (75 of which
are engineering users), two manufacturing locations, 45 mobile devices
(Blackberries) and provides all voice/data support.  I have one AS/400
programmer, one VB apps developer (mostly to support engineering), one
help desk person, one network administrator, one server support person,
and me (manager and AS/400 programmer).

I'm curious as to the size and organization of other MAPICS shops and
how many IT folks you have on staff and in what roles.

*** Please note ***

The information contained in this email message and any attached files is
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not read, copy, use, or disclose them in any manner, electronic or
otherwise, without authorization.

If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email to sender and delete all copies.

It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any files attached
for computer viruses and other defects.

Hartness International, Inc. its affiliates, and related entities
("Hartness") do not warrant, represent, or guarantee the accuracy or
completeness of any information contained in this email or attached files.
Hartness does not accept liability for any loss or damage (whether direct,
indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether directly
or indirectly from this email or any attached files.