    From:  DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
    To:  MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject:  Re: [MAPICS-L] FW: MRP, PCC dates
    Date:  Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:51:02 -0500

    Interesting that you asked that Mike, we are close to the end of a MAJOR
    reworking of our lead times to do just that.  We wrote an application (2
    actually) that calculates the actual lead time from the routings (using
    all
    the scheduling rules for PC&C with work center, routings, lot sizes,
    etc),
and optionally loads the calculated lead time into the ITEMBL record. We
    use backwards scheduling in PC&C, or I'd offer the program to you.

    Our I.E.'s have been working on this VERY closely to help us get this
    correct.  It's turned into a very valuable project, especially to help
    us
    nail down our actual frozen zone for MRP planning.  We hadn't done that
    properly since the late 1980's.

    If you are having trouble with this, I would recommend contacting Guide
    Technologies and asking for Jeff Snyder (he's on this thread also, used
    be an independant consultant).  He is who trained our IE's on how to
    properly define all the parameters - something we had let go for waaaay
    too
    long.  We had people making adjustments to data elements without
    understanding the overall ramifications to everyone else, so we had a
    real
    mess.  They got the data to work for THEIR situations, but messed up
    other
    departments.  Jeff was able to get our people to actually understand
    what
    everything did and how it all tied together.  (And they listened to him!
    Amazing how an outsider is listened to more than their in-house people.)

    Dale Gindlesperger
    IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
    Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
    258 Beacon Street
    Somerset, PA  15501

                  "Mike Bennett"
                  <mbennett@kimray.
com> To
                  Sent by:                  <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                  mapics-l-bounces@                                          cc
                  midrange.com
                                                     &nb
    sp;                  Subject
                                            [MAPICS-L] FW: MRP, PCC dates
                  12/05/2006 06:02
                  PM

                  Please respond to
                  MAPICS ERP System
                     Discussion
                  <mapics-l@midrang
                       e.com>

    Hello Group,
         Does anyone have a solution in place for the correcting the
    difference
    between MRP due dates (lead time based)
         and Routing based date calculations for released orders.
    We are experiencing some operation due dates planned after order due
    dates
    at the time of release.

    We understand that MRP and PCC are disconnected.
    PS We are tailored for forward scheduling.
    Thank you

    Mike Bennett

    Customer Service Manager

    Kimray Inc.

    52 NW 42nd Street

    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

    405-525-6601

    www.kimray.com <http://www.kimray.com/>

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information
    which
    may be legally confidential and/or privileged. The information is
    intended
    solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone
    else
    is
    unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
    copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is
    prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic
    transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you
    have
    received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.