"Today" we enter an order in COM for items to be transferred to another
warehouse, but instead of shipping the order, we do a warehouse transfer to
move the items.

The big problem is back orders.  Since we do not ship the order, we can't
back order.  In an ideal world we would have a MAPICS option for an
internal order, that we could "process" right from the picklist like any
order. EXCEPT, the shipping would create a TW rather than an SA.  We do not
want to inflate sales with additional  SA transactions (thus the
transfer).  Customer orders and order picklist are a great tool for our
shipping personnel to work with.  (Today the order is simply removed after
the initial shipment, and shipping works from a marked up copy of the
picklist to try and satisfy backorders).

Any creative schemes to use MAPICS to help us address this situation more
effectively?? (It seems like a lot of work, but the best I could come up
with was to transfer what we can transfer, then have someone go back into
the order and delete the line items that shipped, and change the quantity
for partial shipments, leaving the order open until it was satisfied.)  Had
hoped someone else  may have found a better solution?

Roger Blocher
TECH International
I.S. Manager
740.966.8090 (fax)