We use ASNA's AVR for .NET, and we really like it.  Check out www.asna.com

All the same benefits of VB (rapid development, objects, etc) but with
RPG elements that we know and love, plus the speed of Datagate.

DataGate is used by Cforia's MC2 and Midrange's PERMS, both written in
AVR.

VB is more popular, but AVR is a good fit for MAPICS or any other AS/400
based implementation.
Plus AVR works seamlessly with SQL server.

How are you using VB to access physical files, and is it record level?

I think Datagate offers a more secure model than an ODBC connection.

Regards...james

"David Hayes" <DHayes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/20/2006 01:20 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] Client / server development

Anyone doing much client-server development using the MAPICS databases?
If so, what is your language of choice?  We are currently using VB .NET,
but we're wondering if maybe there is something better out there that we
might want to consider.

Thanks....

*** Please note ***

The information contained in this email message and any attached files is
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not read, copy, use, or disclose them in any manner, electronic or
otherwise, without authorization.

If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email to sender and delete all copies.

It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any files
attached for computer viruses and other defects.

Hartness International, Inc. its affiliates, and related entities
("Hartness") do not warrant, represent, or guarantee the accuracy or
completeness of any information contained in this email or attached files.
 Hartness does not accept liability for any loss or damage (whether
direct, indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether
directly or indirectly from this email or any attached files.