What type of Save While Active do you use?  How long
does it take?  What are the size of your libraries and
what type of backup device do you use?  Do you think
this is a good strategy for everyone?  Thanks for your
response.

--- Greg Wenzloff <GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am I the only one on this list who is wondering why
anyone should care
about active batches in this day and age?   When
Save While Active came
out about 8-10 years ago, I stopped using the
archaic MAPICS backup and
simple saved the appropriate libraries using SWA.
There has never been
any problem doing it that way. I know the MAPICS
backup does a couple of
insignificant household cleaning choirs so what.

And wacking someone's batch into another status with
a quick and dirty
program -- well isn't that a bit extreme?   Or how
about sending them a
break message giving them 10 minutes to get out.
Then terminate their
sessions.   Ya - let's do that too.  NO better yet
let's end the QINTER
subsystem.    The users really love it when you mess
with them.

Just my opinion,
Greg