To: "MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] OFFSHIP not producing SA's - continued

Greg, good suggestion except that the odd part about this is that if I
rerun the records through the process, they generally work!  There's
something just odd about this flow, apparently.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

            "Greg Wenzloff"
            <GWenzloff@beckmf
            g.com>                                                     To
            Sent by:                  "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
            mapics-l-bounces@         <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                  Subject
            05/04/2006 10:51          Re: [MAPICS-L] OFFSHIP not
            AM                        producing SA's - continued

            Please respond to
            MAPICS ERP System
               Discussion
            <mapics-l@midrang
                 e.com>

Ann/Steve/Dale,

Another comment from the bleachers.   I'm intrigued by this problem.

The 2 error messages are a hint that at the time the program checked for
existence of the part in the ITEMBL file and the SLQNTY file, that the
part number could have been corrupted and the error condition was valid
at that time.

I would be tempted to add some lines of code to the program that printed
or placed in a file the part number at the exact moment of the test for
the error condition.   If you can confirm that the part number has
somehow been changed by the program you would be a step closer to
finding the cause.

Good luck,
Greg