The contract expiry date is only taken into account when you create the PO
Item. All releases thereafter are only limited by the Due Date or Qty of
the PO Item which becomes the last due date allowed and not by the
contract expiry date.

You will need to close the old PO to stop Auto-release using it.

Then manually create another PO with an expected qty for that year and
last due date on the PO Item. This is poor functionality as you cannot
automate the change over to a new PO. When you add on the work involved in
creating new contracts and new PO's and manually managing the changeover
it is sizable.

There are other settings to the Auto release code in the Balance record
which will create a new PO but it creates new PO every time you auto
release with only the releases required to satisfy the new MRP demand
since last run. This is no good if you want to maintain a single PO Num
for a year with a supplier.

Gordon Thomson
MIS Department
Dundee
Tokheim UK Ltd
Tel 00 44 1382 598112

leigh_madden@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/12/2005 02:30
Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion