Don't get me started... We are being told that it is a SOX requirement that
no user have individual security.  We must create groups and attached people
to groups ONLY.  A security request is also treated as "change management"
and has to have 2 sign offs just in our department.  Getting ridiculouser
and ridiculouser (ha)  Our company hired a contract company to "help" us get
ready for the SOX audit.  What a mess.  They are already planning to come
back next year to help us with the SOX points we fail.  If this company is
so good at what they do, we feel we shouldn't fail anything!  (being a
logical thinker)  This company has been here 3/4 of the year already.

We did clean up MAPICS security because if someone leaves the company we
delete them off the AS/400.  but they are still in MAPICS.  And if you
delete them from MAPICS CAS they can still have COM user defaults, group
jobs, etc.  The auditors don't understand if you cannot sign on the 400, you
cannot use those tasks in MAPICS.  I don't know how many ways to say it, yet
they still do not understand!  And since we have IFM and there are not good
security reports in IFM, it has been a pit.

We already had an electronic key to get in our department... now we have an
electronic button on the back of our badge to get into the server room!
This is beside all the lists that Pete mentioned.  Some of this is just the
auditor (or contract company getting ready for the audit) interpretation of
SOX.  SOX is about fraud and people to take responsibility for what goes on
at a company!

Ann