William,

You can create a non-MAPICS menu that will do what you
want.  You can use the MAPICS command to call the menu
option in whichever environment you want and then
return to the non-MAPICS menu.  I have used this
method frequently. This is the MAPICS command:
                           Startup MAPICS/DB (MAPICS)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Application ID . . . . . . . . .

  Environment . . . .  .  .  .  . .

                            Additional Parameters

 Main menu option . . . . . . . .  00-99

 Second-level menu option . . . .  01-99

 Third-level menu option  . . . .  01-99

 Exit MAPICS/DB after first job    0             0=No
Exit, 1=Exit

                  Bottom
 F3=Exit   F4=Prompt   F5=Refresh   F12=Cancel
F13=How to use this display
 F24=More keys

The command for P.O. inquiry would be MAPICS 'MM' '06'
'03' '01' '1'.  This will call the P.O. inquiry in
environment MM and then return.

--- "Vandenborn, William"