From: LDegnon@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:LDegnon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:38 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Selling and pricing in full case quantities

The function is already built into the price book pages.  There is a price
book page for quantity discount s using either fixed discount E.g
1-99=$1.00 100-249=$.95 250-500=$.85 etc. Look at Price book page 2 and
three. 2 is fixed discount based on qty, 3 is % discount.

Lloyd H. Degnon
I.S. Manager
AmPro Computers, Inc.
5215 Hellyer Ave.
Building #110
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 360-4365
ldegnon@xxxxxxxxx
www.AmPro.com

Roger.Blocher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/08/2005 08:37 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] Selling and pricing in full case quantities

Just checking to see what others have done?

All our pricing is done by price books (40 + price books, Page 1 only).
TODAY when someone order 47 boxes of XYZ they pay $1 per box (or a total
of
$47).
What is the best way to go about automating a pricing strategy such that
TOMORROW we would could encourage customers to buy 1 FULL CASE (48 boxes)
at $47.04 ( $.98 per box) or a "2%" discount.  (It is yet to be determined
what happens when a customer sends in an order for 100 boxes ... 2 cases
plus 4 boxes).

This standard "2% " discount will apply to certain groups of customers and
certain products provided the line item is ordered using a CS (case) unit
of measure (rather than ordering individual boxes).  It is unlikely that
all the items on the order will be ordered in full case quantities.

Is this do-able with standard user exists?

Second, customer service takes phone orders, and we need some way to alert
a customer service person that the customer that is ordering 47 boxes, is
just one short of a full case.

Thanks

Roger Blocher
TECH International