Awesome, thanks for the follow-up tips!

"Steve Sandy" <ssandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/18/2005 05:17 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] Cume SH15224/4021 upgrade and related PTFs

I have successfully loaded the 4021 PCM and installed Release 7.7   A
few issues to be concerned about.

1.               Update the R7 environment to 4021 before beginning the
upgrade
to 7.7. Its required by MAPICS. PCM went on my system without a hitch.
2.               Be sure to read all cover letters and notice that some
errors
will appear as you load the 7.7 upgrade.  This is normal and confusing
to some of us.  I called the support line to make sure I wasn't having a
problem.
3.               Before loading 7.7 see If you have the disk capacity to
create
another R7 environment.  This will keep your 7.6 test environment in
tact for 7.6 production related tests.
4.               Follow the 7.7 upgrade notes step by step and make sure
you have
downloaded all pre-reqs which there are many. You don't have to load the
APC or Cameleon if you don't own the product.
5.               Run the PTF SH90473 after a new environment is created if
that
is your direction of keeping 7.6 production and 7.6 test different that
7.7.  This  changes all of the object ownership to AMAPICS for
everything in the library you have assigned to R7.7.  The main reason
for doing this is the create environment command does not give AMAPICS
ownership to some of the CST* object during the creation of the new
environment.  PowerLink can not start without all AMAPICS ownership.
6.               When installing SH14855.670 against your 7.7 environment,
after
installing the software and updating the Link Manager app,  be sure to
go to the link http:xxxxx.xxxx.xxx:360001/PowerLink/XX/ where XX is your
system name and the last XX is your environment designator.  This will
download the R7.7 PowerLink application using a 7.7 install program.  I
tried to run the Powerlink Icon on my desktop from 7.6 and the 7.7
environment would not launch.  After I installed the new 7.7 version
from the http: address, the product launched and I am up and running.

If you have any questions, please email me and I will be happy to answer
any additional questions.