From: Benoit, Paul
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:08 AM
To: Morrison, Doug
Cc: Help Desk - IT
Subject: RE: [MAPICS-L] Net Change MRP

Doug,

This request is form our machine manufacturing plant.  In there current
system they use a net change MRP run to evaluate the actions required
for a new customer order for a machine.  These machines have several
levels in the bill of material and thousands of parts.  The net change
MRP tells them what they have to order.  They use that 'shortage'
information to:

1. Provide a promise ship date
2. Release purchase orders and manufacturing orders for the items with
the longest lead times.  This saves one day and can make a difference in
the very competitive delivery times required for these machines.

Best regards,
Paul