We use the automated backup but we did have some issues:

In the backup options it asks if you want to end batch jobs and we have
that set to NO.
I asked MAPICS what would happen if a non-restartable job was running and
was told it would end it so we
decided to set this option to NO.

We also have some external programs (barcoding) that use MAPICS files and
sometimes the files could not be saved because they were in use. The same
situation existed for MAPICS browser jobs, users would leave the Browser
session active locking files (perhaps having the End Batch Jobs option set
to Y would resolve this).

We wrote a pre-backup program that checks for locks on SYSCTL (Any program
we write that updates a MAPICS files first puts a SHRRD lock on SYSCTL.).
If the job is an interactive job we send a break message to the user to
log off and end the job after a 5 minute wait. Browser jobs that are
active are also ended through this program.

That's the only programming we had to complete, a lot will depend on your
environment.
Works great!

Ron Hankey - CPIM
Business Intelligence Team

William wrote:
>I would like to hear for user that have setup and are now using this
Mapics option.