Michael,

Thanks for this, works well in the test I have just performed!

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Franchino
Sent: 09 August 2005 03:31
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion; MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] RE: Library Security

The issue here is that adopted authority is working in this issue. All
MAPICS files are authorized to AMAPICS and public is excluded.  Your
command for processing WRKQRY is adopting authority of AMAPICS, whereby
they have access to everything that AMAPICS does (which is ALL
environments).

In order to give users access, you have to give the explicit security.
The authorization lists is a good way to do this, as it is much easier
to administer.

In order to prevent the useres from seeing the others, you have to
implement authorization lists on the files you want and then change your
access to WRKQRY to not allow adopted authority.

Create a CL program that calls WRKQRY, and CHGPGM to say "use adopted
authority=*NO".. Try it first without autoriziaton list and see if you
can access any files..

Michael