I agree with all the positive comments regarding the conference.  However, I'd
like to present a balanced view and a reality check:

-     Some time slots sessions had either too many sessions of Syteline or
MAPICS.
      I found myself without enough choices or too many choices.
-     I found most XA sessions offered by users to lack substantial value.
      I suggest Infor reviews the presentations to insure value is present, or
offer some Infor sessions to insure quality sessions are available.

-     I did not see as many Third party solutions as in previous conferences.
      If Infor does not offer a solution a Third Party solution should be
present.

-     It would be nice to see what Infor Solutions can be integrated with XA
solutions,
      and also which ones overlap with existing XA modules. I am        hoping
Infor will provide price discounts for overlapping modules.

-     I attended the users group session and I felt very unwelcome. Despite all
their rhetoric it is obvious they are only interested in serving the Syteline
community. The President clearly stated that their focus was to serve the
Syteline community. I do hope Infor, unlike former MAPICS Co, will
actively promote a user group for the XA community. It is a great tool to
promote customer retention and satisfaction.

-     I would also like to see this midrange.com user group to promote and
facilitate an exchange of software code and solutions that many of us are
willing to share. It will only enhance the value of Infor Xa.

On a positive note, I am motivated by the new leadership and remain hopeful.

I look forward to a strong and united Inforian community.  I feel the force !

             DaleGindlesperger@f
             ft-inc.com
             Sent by:                                                        To
             mapics-l-bounces@mi         MAPICS ERP System Discussion
             drange.com                  <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                             cc

             05/27/2005 05:31 AM                                        Subject
                                         Re: MAPICS 2005 User Conference

              Please respond to
              MAPICS ERP System
                 Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrange.
                    com>

I have to agree with Lex's previous posting.  I think this was one of the
best overall conferences we have had in several years.  My main points:

1.  I don't recall this level of "upbeat-ness" across the board (Infor
associates, vendors, and affiliates) in some time.
2.  Expo was one of the best I can recall.
3.  Excellent sessions, good variety and spread between Syteline,
MAPICS/XA, and general interest (IBM's "iSeries as your future platform"
was terrific).
4.  Stuff all seemed to happen on time - impressive considering the huge
turnout.

Downsides:
1.  Main tent was a little too long (2 1/2 hrs!)
2.  Session scheduling seemed a little skewed - for example the 9:15am
Tuesday session had 7 sessions I was interested in, with only one repeated.
(And to make it worse, I was presenting then also!)  In their defense,
however, I don't know how to do any better......  Perhaps a better
pre-registration might have helped?  Although I do know that historically
that isn't really accurate.  Sort of like the oxymoron "accurate
forecasting".....
3.  Why weren't we given a "session description" booklet this year?  Just a
time table.

The conference was VERY well worth the time and money.  I'm looking forward
to the upcoming year.....

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.