Kevin,

MRP creates Planned Orders which are deleted and recreated each time MRP
runs.  Planned orders can be turned into Firm Planned Orders, which are
not deleted and recreated each time MRP runs.  I only know

We have modified the ATP logic to excluded Planned Orders but not Firm
Planned Orders.  We have a series of items that are used as kit
components that never have an on hand balance or a scheduled receipt, no
PUR, MFG, or ISL orders.

When we enter a customer order for one of the kit items that has one of
these type of component items we don't get a good ATP date because there
isn't any on hand and there aren't any scheduled receipts and ATP
doesn't included Planned Orders.

So what we want to do is insert a past due Firm Planned Order for these
kit component items so that ATP can calculate a valid date based on the
availability of the other kit components that do have inventory and/or
scheduled receipts.

I believe all that needs to be done is to add a record to PLNORD with an
order source equal to 3, field POSOR, as well as the other relevant
fields.

In my testing it looks MRP builds the needed ORDREV records so I wanted
to just confirm with the group, in case someone else had already done
this, that PLNORD was the only file that needed to be updated to
accomplish the creation of a Firm Planned Order.

Thanks
Doug