In our shop, MAPICS typically ends about 20 user jobs in order to obtain
dedicated mode and this should take about a minute.  Often however, it takes
MAPICS twenty minutes to end just one user job. There doesn't seem to be a
pattern to the jobs however, and the job could be an RF device, PC or
terminal.

We just upgraded to a 520 i5 with a 3581 tape drive and we are just floored
by the speed.  The MAPICS backup now takes 12 minutes (versus an hour on a
820 with a 3570)!  MRP is done in 12 minutes too.  Our month end processing
which used to run from 5 pm to midnight,  was done at 7 pm!

So, it sometimes takes MAPICS longer to end one user job than to run an
entire backup. Anyone have any advice on troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bryan Burns
System Operator
Echo, Inc.