From: Kevin Fox [mailto:kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 10:19 AM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Low level codes not in sync

Robert,

As usual you are correct.  Everyone should take note of this as it has caused
much confusion over the past few years.

The LLC is updated during BOM maitenance ONLY if the LLC is at a higher level
as a result of the maintenance that is processed.

There was a problem with the Green Screen program having the incorrect LLC
which was fixed on SH71748 (R6 PTF 6365, R7 PTF2919

Kevin Fox
"kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

I don't know what you mean about deleting components. If you are refering to
using
a component at level 4 in one bill and level 7 in another bill and then later
deleting
the level 7 component.  If my memory serves me right, BoM maintenance never
reduced
the low level code only increased it.

Robert Russell
Paragon SI