Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:06 AM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Automating backups

Hi everyone,

Our Sarbannes-Oxley auditor is requiring that we store a DSPTAP of our
MAPICS backups with each tape.  Currently, we run an unattended MAPICS
backup to disk (for speed) during the 3rd shift lunch break (3am).  Then
during 1st shift, I run the MAPICS "Save disk backup to tape" option.  Then
I have to reload the tape and do a DSPTAP *PRINT to satisfy the SARBOX
people.

Unfortunately, the "Save disk backup to tape" is interactive only, and it
auto-ejects the tape at the end, which precludes me from using Robot to do
that portion (I have to reload the tape to get the DSPTAP printout).

I asked the response line what that option does and was told to either do a
SAVLIB of AMSLIB, or SAVOBJ of the various objects in AMSLIB (AMFBCKM,
AMTBCKM, yadda, yadda), but that doesn't give me the same thing that I get
when I manually run the "Save disk backup to tape".

Has anyone on this thread written their own version of the "Save disk
backup to tape"?