   Peggy

   To reiterate, and make sure we are talking the same 'issue'

   To solve the 'std cost' roll issue:  If made and sold, as aftermarket 'we
   need a rtn and cost' of the subassy.

   But if used in a sub-assy - the rtn exist in the parent part, therefore
   the sub - should have no rtn, or labor cost.

   You need to set up two part numbers---- I know Ugggg.   Maybe even a
   separate WH??

   This would also separate and allow you to control the aftermarket stocking
   pgm for those parts you need to be able to ship quickly, ie Reorder point,
   as opposed to  MRP , or other planning systems , they would plan for the
   'production' ..

   good luck, hope this helps

   Jeff Snyder, CPIM

   Mapics Consultant