Hi Peter,

Are they using "auto discretionary allocations"?

It should recognize the allocation demand (for released, not planned MO's).
There have been several PTF's related to this process.

Run the allocation quantity audit in the IM file maintenance menu to bring
the records back into agreement. Also run the location quantity audit from
the IM file maintenance, location control menu.

Also, make certain they are putting in the picklist ranges correctly.  For
example, if I want to pick COM orders for shipment today, that have MO's due
tomorrow, it's not going to work if today's requirements (withing date range
that is input)exceeds the unallocated quantity.

Here is an example:

Demand:
Today   COM orders due 100 units
Tomorrow MO orders requires 100 units
Today +2 COM orders due 100 units

Supply:
On Hand today: 200 units
PO Due tomorrow: 100 units
PO due today +2: 100 units

If I stock pick for date range of "today through today +2) I am "demanding"
200 units instead of the 100 due today.  The system will create picks for
all 200 on hand even though that makes me short tomorrow.  This is because
the discrete allocations are over written based upon my "stock pick" options
(including date range)

Hope this helps.

Kevin Fox
'kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'