From: Candy.Hein@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Candy.Hein@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 5:39 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PROGRAMMER ACCESS TO PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT

My boss asked me to pose this question on the MAPICS user group list.   We
are a small shop with 2 full-time programmers and 2 part-time contractors.
The full time programmers are responsible for setting up MAPICS security for
users.   Part of the audit comments during our Sarbanes-Oxley audit  was to
eliminate all programmers access to the production environment including
security (of course they have no suggestion on who would set up security).
We would like to know how other small shops handle this situation.  Do your
programmers have access to the production environment?  Who is responsible
for establishing MAPICS security on your system?

Thank you,

Candy Hein