From: Bonnie_Lokenvitz2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 12:06 PM
To: Mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Conditional Backflush of Controlled Floor Stock

We are at XAR6.

We would like to NOT backflush some components at manufacturing order
close when manufacturing scrap exists.

Some of our components are not used if there is a problem with the molded
part.  And this would save us keying the return/misc. receipt transaction
which is often missed.

Does anyone do something similar?

We are thinking of using a user defined field in item balance
record to indicate 'Do not backflush if processing order scrap'.
We would push this field to an MODATA user field on order creation and
then modify AMI3G (batch update) to look at this field and BFFL in
(ORGTR = R1 or R2) to not create IP.

Would be nice if BFFL had 2 more meanings.
3 Use adjusted quantity per to backflush for RM's only.
4 Use standard quantity per to backflush fro RM's only.

Thanks for your input,
Bonnie Lokenvitz
Engineered Polymers