   Thanks Dale,  and to the others for their insights, and experiences.  I
   will share with the customer.

   jeff

   From: DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
   To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: Re: CAD interface to EPDM
   Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:36:55 -0400
   Jeff,
   We integrated Pro/Engineer with EPDM successfully.  However, what we
   discovered was that EPDM's maintenance capabilities through Browser were
   so
   good, that is was literally faster for us to do the maintenance through
   Browser than maintain all the required level of detail on the drawings and
   then do the CAD interface.  The primary problems (for us) with going
   through the interface were:
   1.  We don't put all our fasteners/glue and such on our drawings at all
   the
   places and in the quantities used.  Those are uncontrolled floor stock
   items, and we have chosen NOT to itemize them on the drawings.  However,
   we
   obviously want them on the MAPICS Bills of Material.  We determined that
   it
   was far faster to maintain that data in EPDM only.
   2.  We do Bill of Material maintenance only that doesn't impact the
   drawings.  How is that handled?
   3.  What about the drawings that relate to routings?  Specifically,
   Operation Where First Used?
   We concluded that the interface was a sexy solution, but not the most
   effective.  FOR OUR SITUATION!
   Dale Gindlesperger
   IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
   Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
   258 Beacon Street
   Somerset, PA  15501
                 "Jeff Snyder"
                 <jeffreygsnyder@h
                 otmail.com>                                                To
                 Sent by:                  mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                 mapics-l-bounces@                                          cc
                 midrange.com
                                                                       Subject
                                           CAD interface to EPDM
                 08/03/2004 11:34
                 AM
                 Please respond to
                 MAPICS ERP System
                    Discussion
                 <mapics-l@midrang
                      e.com>
       I have a customer that would like to interface a CAD system to
   EPDM.  He
       is using 'auto -cad'
       and 'inventor'
       Does anybody have any experience, thoughts, advice in this area you'd
   like
       to shed.
       Thanks Much
       Jeff Snyder,  CPIM