Well if R6 install is at all like R7 you restore libr INSTALL from
volume one, then restore the product definition from a savf in libr

>From there take a look at the cross apps manual to kick off the actual
install and doing the install tailor.

You will need to get some licenses from MAPICS accounting before getting
very far with the install though.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of LDegnon@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 1:22 PM
To: MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Install of MAPICS

Really dumb question,  how do I install from original CD's? I have
6.0 and need to install onto a new box. What command do use to initiate?

Also, any hints tip or tricks on doing this?  My old (production) box is

V4R4, MAPICS Ver 6. PTF 2426, New Box is V5R3, want to go live with
PTF level that is "safe".  Any suggestions???

Lloyd H. Degnon
I.S. Manager
AmPro Computers, Inc.
5215 Hellyer Ave.
Building #110
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 360-4365
This is the MAPICS ERP System Discussion (MAPICS-L) mailing list To post
a message email: MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or
change list options,
or email: MAPICS-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited.
necessarily represent those
of Mendocino Forest Products Co., LLC.   All liability is excluded to the
extent permitted by law for
any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium to transmit
information by or to Mendocino
Forest Products Co., LLC.