That reminds me of a problem I had about 12 years ago where we had T&A
clocks that would send badge and time info to the system (another life,
another vendors system - Unisys).  The timeclocks were synced to the system
but the buzzer had it's own clock.  We had built into the T&A programs a 3
minute "window" to cover the time differential.

We were having trouble with people not clocking in or out but everything
tested OK.  I grabbed the plant superintendent one day and went out to one
of the clocks to see what kind of problems people were having.  One of the
funnier aspects was that I found was that many employees would just wave at
the machine as they walked by (not even trying) and the whole time the plant
super was gabbing with his shop buddies as they walked past.

The point here though is that even though the clocks did not display the
time, exactly 3 minutes before the buzzer everyone started clocking out.
They knew what the differential was and used it to their advantage.

Of course, that solved my problem - since the plant super did not care, the
problem was not in the hardware.

Regards,
-Greg

Gregory Novak
Manager North American Technical Services
Momentum Utilities Pty Ltd
(630) 985-1736
gnovak@xxxxxxxxxx
www.jacana.com

Making Information Work for your Business
www.intuator.com