We had the same problems you do, so we wrote our own system, that has an
RPG job that runs end of month pulling all orders and determining dates,
whether we received complete/partial, or not at all. The RPG then writes
this info to a file, which we use to generate performance numbers, past
and present (this file also allows us to push the data to Excel, Web,
etc). We have also put a system in place that our vendors can challenge
any of our findings, and our purchasing department can overturn the
system determined value if needed.

Chris
>>> ShawnT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/20/04 12:29PM >>>
We have been asked by a customer to provide a vendor performance
rating
system.  I realize that MAPICS has this capability but in our case
it's
not going work properly as it is out of the box.  We use a lot of
blanket POs with releases.  These POs last for 1 year.  The current
vendor rating system in MAPICS requires that POs be closed, something
we
can't do because the releases are closed throughout the year.

Any feedback on how you are handling this or how you have heard of
others handling this would be great.  Thanks.

Shawn Thobe

Supervisor - Information Systems

Fort Recovery Industries Inc.

419-375-4121