   occurred. This is not usually a big deal unless you have significant yield
   losses.

   Dave

   date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:55:12 -0400
   from: "Jeff Snyder" <jeffreygsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   subject: Re: START TIMES ON MO'S (Weston Wheat)
   As well as Queue time (W/C) and possibly Std Eff (W/C) . I suppose Yield
   too would inflate std hrs, huh.

   From: Dave Turbide <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   Subject: Re: START TIMES ON MO'S (Weston Wheat)
   Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:41:03 -0400
   Yes, you need lead times in the operations. There are three components
   to lead-time: the actual 'touch time', operation setup time, and move
   time (to get to this operation).

   Setup and run time are calculated based on what's in the routing and
   the capacity statement in the work center master. Move time is in the
   routing. The significance of the "operations in sequence" question is for
   reporting error detection - with this set to 'yes', the system will not
   accept
   an activity transaction for, say, operation 30 if operation 20 is not
   complete. It has nothing to do with scheduling, per se, but forces you
   to close operations as they are completed which might affect the
   priorities calculated for the remainder of the operations as it progresses
   through the plant.

   At the risk of being promotional here, there are clear, simple
   explanations of the scheduling and all the fields that affect it in my
   book MAPICS Production Activity Control. I have about 50 copies left
   in stock. You can order one via email to dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   Good luck.

   Dave Turbide

   date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:48:20 -0600
   from: "Weston Wheat" <wwheat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   subject: START TIMES ON MO'S

   Hello group.

   Ok, This is going to sound trivial .
   As I have mention, before we are in the process
   of re-aligning our mapics processes. Or I should say
   in the process of matching our bussiness processes to
   mapics. We have allot of work arounds that we want to
   do away with.

   Anyway, we want to take advanage of the MO operations scheduling
   that mapics is capable of , i.e. We want mapics to tell us when to
   start a operation within a MO. I have the in the test environment, gone
   into Tayloring
   for PCC.

   Have set Backard Scheduling to YES as well as Process Shop activily in
   seq. to Yes. However when I did a test MO, I still got the Start Dates
   matching the Completion

   Dates. Do we need to load the lead time for the opearations mannally?
   And where would we do that?

   Thanks

   Weston Wheat
   Information Systems Manager