Thanks Dale.  I have my eyes set on offline shipping to save manpower too
but I am waiting to get to XA6 or later.
Les

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 12:35 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: COM Picked, Packed or Shipped but not Invoiced

Les,

We resolved this by switching to using Offline Shipping Enhancement, run in
batch mode at the end of the day.  To show what was picked/packed for
shipment, we change the items that were picked/packed to discretely
allocated (we don't use discrete allocations in our normal order
processing).  The time frame between Offship processing and Invoicing is
minutes at most.

This move also saved us a ton of manpower hours in keying - COM
Pick/Pack/Ship isn't exactly the most convenient application in a
controlled warehouse without allocated inventory.  Offline Shipping
resolved that handily.  But it took some work to implement - it's not
exactly a standard canned application by any stretch of the imagination;
there was no entry screens available when we did it and I don't think there
is yet.  It's a tool that accepts files that have already been loaded, just
like any off-line load application.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

                      "Les Silies"
                      <lsilies@wainwrightindu        To:
<MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      stries.com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject:  COM Picked,
Packed or Shipped but not Invoiced
                      mapics-l-bounces@midran
                      ge.com

                      06/01/2004 12:51 PM
                      Please respond to
                      MAPICS ERP System
                      Discussion

I am at XAR4.  My accounting group complains that when in COM we pick, pack
or ship an item but have not invoiced the inventory goes into a black hole.
In IM the on hand balance decreases but since there has been no invoice
they
are not yet in AR, thus the "black hole".  Are there any files and fields I
can use that identifies pick, pack and/or shipped but not invoiced?  I want
to create a report accounting can use to reconcile this "black hole" so
they
can balance inventory month to month.

Thanks in advance,

Les Silies