Shawn,

The short answer is that NetLink is the web-based (Internet or Intranet)
Java version of MAPICS Browser.  Instead of a "fat client" (running
Smalltalk and Client Access and whatever) with a bunch of memory and a
considerable processor being required to use MAPICS Browser, you can access
MAPICS Browser with a thin client terminal (or low end PC) running Internet
Explorer with Java capabilities.

This should significantly reduce hardware requirements (and extend hardware
life) in my manufacturing environment.  And, if I choose to in the future,
extend specific applications to the Internet for Supply Chain Management
(although there are some other MAPICS products that I will look at when
that comes up on my never-ending project list).

I'm certain there will be a LOT of information on this at the MUC, if you
attend......  Just sign up for any of Phil Joseph's presentations and hang
on to your seat.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

                      "Shawn Thobe"

                      <ShawnT@fortrecoveryindu        To:       "MAPICS ERP
System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      stries.com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                        Subject:  RE: Rel.7
Upgrade
                      mapics-l-bounces@midrang

                      e.com

                      06/01/2004 01:31 PM

                      Please respond to MAPICS

                      ERP System Discussion

I'm new to all of this.  What is Netlink?  Thanks

Shawn Thobe
Network Administrator
Fort Recovery Industries Inc.
419-375-4121