We looked pretty closely at FRx and it touches on the issues you bring up.

I'm not an expert at it, as we did not acquire it (financially
conservative mode)
but I would suggest you take a look.

It really is pretty slick, IS & Accounting liked it.

Good luck.....james

Roger.Blocher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/28/2004 07:36 AM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Annual Financial and Budget Planning

What additional software packages are people using to help efficiently
navigate the budget planning cycle?

(We do not have IFM, and do load our final budget in with FA and GL).

Our planning cycle starts with a review of our sales forecast for the next
year by item within customer.
We loaded the item forecast information into MRP (in a test environment)
with anticipated year end inventory levels and then built a material
supply
plan and a rough cut capacity analysis from that.

Then we use the projected price increases (with the 50 different price
books) to project revenue by customer, by month.

This system becomes excessively cumbersome when we try to do what if
'games' for example: if raw materials prices are increased by 10% for one
group of items and 17% for another group how does that impact the
financial
plan.

Are there tools that I should be using that have been effective for you?
(Does anyone have experience with a software package called BUDGET
MAESTRO?)

Thanks

Roger Blocher
TECH International