Terry

In the job scheduler you can specify an OMITDATE on the job.
So on your daily backup, just enter the OMITDATE for each day it runs on
the same date as the month end backup.

Not pretty unless you want to do some coding.
The other option I believe was previously mentioned was in a CL program
check whether it's the month end date
and if YES, run month end backup, if NO run the daily backup.

Here's code you can use to get the last date of a month:
http://www.as400pro.com/TipsRPG11.htm#8

Our backups are scheduled via the AS/400 job scheduler using the MAPICS
enhancement SH62874.

Before the backup executes we run a job that:
1) Builds a list of all users in the environment
2) Sends a break message for them to logout
3) After 5 minutes we end the jobs, including Browser jobs
4) Close all IM transaction batches and run the transaction register
5) End the U-jobs by putting them on "HOLD"
6) Run the backup
7) Start the U-Jobs

Ron Hankey - CPIM
Senior Applications Programmer