From: Shawn Thobe
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 5:06 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: AS400 Backup, Daily vs. Monthly

thanks

Shawn Thobe
Network Administrator
Fort Recovery Industries Inc.
419-375-4121

-----Original Message-----
From: Richardson, Steve [mailto:SteveR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 5:04 PM
To: 'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'

In Release 6 you go into Option 8, Cross Aps Support, Then Option 4 Back
Recovery,etc, Then Option 1, Backup Files, Then Option 1 Schedule
Unattended
Backup. At this point be sure to put 1 for YES Overide Default options.
Keep
answering the question on the screens. The best screen is where the Pre
-
backup command and post backup command is located. We terminate qinter
in
pre back command and call a clpgm that contains savlibs for non Mapics
Libraries we want to save with  of other libraries in the post backup
command. It works great. Dont forget to strsbs qinter in you post backup
clpgm.

Good luck

Steve Richardson
Director, IS