We run MAPICS XA 5.5 on an iSeries Model 720.  We normally run MAPICS
Backup at 9:00 PM, with some scripts and RPG programs to "prep", takes a
little over an hour with the wait times, etc.  The MAPICS Backup is
directed to a SaveFile on the AS400.

We run the standard AS400 backup to tape media daily at 11:00 PM.  This
process takes approximately 2 1/2 hours, finishing around 1:30 AM.

Problem:
On the last day of the month we need to skip/delay the MAPICS backup and
skip/delay the AS400 backup so that shipping can continue until at least
midnight with uninterrupted access to MAPICS.  The MAPICS backup is
fairly easy, I can just "delete" the backup job from the batch queue for
that night, or reschedule for later.  It's the AS400 backup that I'm not
sure how to handle...

Question:
Is there a way to define a Monthly backup, instead of the normal Daily
backup for that day, for only the last day of a month?  It could be any
day of the week...it's the LAST DAY that needs to have a "later" backup
schedule run...not the normal Daily schedule, the later MONTHLY
schedule...

I'm not an AS400 guru, but it looks like the normal dialogue in V5R1
requires at least 1 "day" be selected.  I don't want to select a "day"
of the week...I want the LAST DAY of each month to run later, whatever
day of the week that may be.  Make sense?

Can you assist?  I would appreciate email responses to
TLeBlanc@xxxxxxxxxxx, if possible, since I don't get by the list as much
as I probably should, and month-end is Monday.<g>

Thanks!

Terry J. LeBlanc
Manager Information Systems
Nailite International