Jim,
        My name is Bob Anderson and I read the following in the archives:

We went from 5 to 6 last year.  I built a new environment and loaded all the
code.  I pointed any queries to the new environment from a copied query
library.  I modified any in-house programs (mostly just recompiled) .  Then
took the Mapics programs that run data from 5 to 6 and tested.  After
feeling
comfortable, I ran the programs again and pointed the users to the new
environment.

One thing I found is that I could do most of the conversion during the day
and
only ran the last run at night before going live.  We had enough disk space
do this.  I did this conversion without an affiliate or 3rd party programmer
over a few months.  We have the GUI software as well as several other bolt
on's
like WCFields.  It is not possible to do this over a weekend.  Make sure you
identify all the elements and keep a list of what needs to get done and in
what
order and check them off as they are done.  We did not install the new
shipping
programs as of yet.   As for release 7, well I think you know the answer.

Mapics help line can help as well.

I am new to MAPICS having been working on it since June of last year but
never had any real training.  I am in the process of setting up a Test
Environment and then I can apply the 4 cum PCM's that we are behind.

I was wondering if you kept a checklist of all that you did during the above
upgrade and if you did could you email me a copy

Thanks

Bob Anderson
EDI Coordinator
Kent Watersports