It's funny that this thread is going now, I have been trying to create a
Overlay for a week now, and get that error when I do the final step
"CRTOVL"...

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPD88C0       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   05/04/04      Time sent  . . . . . . : 11:52:18

Message . . . . :   File AFPRES in QGPL not valid for creating a *OVL.
Cause . . . . . :   The file or member cannot be used to create a printer

  resource. *N means that the incoming data was an internal system space.
No
  source file or library is specified. The reason code is 02.  The reason

  codes and their meanings are:
    1 - A length field contained in the incoming data for the printer
resource
  is not correct.
    2 - The structured field identifier in the incoming data for the
printer
  resource is not correct or is not supported. The error was detected
while
  processing record 1, byte number 17. The structured field which is not

  correct may be caused by a length that is not correct on the previous
  structure field. The structured field which was being processed at the
time
   is '5A0010D3A8C6'X.

"Ann Neal" <aneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/04/2004 11:29 AM

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"MAPICS ERP System Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Printing MAPICS Purchase Orders

General steps to create an overlay from a Word doc:

1. Add IBMAFP Printer to your PC (fo instance 3812 model). It will be
better
if you set as "Print to File". Click on overlay radio button in "Paper"
property.
2. Open document, (create a document with logo, headings, signatures,
etc.)
3. CLick on File pulldown menu, select Print.
4. change printer to your new IBM AFP printer.
5. Print it. Actualy it will create a file.
6. Copy created file in folder in QDLC directory.
7. Create physical file 32767 bites long.
8. Run CPYFRMPCD command.
9. Create overlay object base on that file.