        From: LeLeux@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:LeLeux@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Tue 3/23/2004 4:25 PM
        To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
        Subject: RE: Move from Rel6 to Rel7

        Hello Phil,

        When you have a text box prompt (or in a text box in maintenance mode),
        you cannot put your mouse in the box and get right click menus
        (functionality).

        Although you can get around using shift-insert & control-insert, but
most
        people aren't familiar.

        Any change in R7?

        Thanks!

        "Phil Joseph" <Phil.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        03/23/2004 07:38 AM
        Please respond to
        MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

        <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc

        Subject
        RE: Move from Rel6 to Rel7

        Dale, I was probably the first one to use the "technology release"
        term...and now I kind of regret it. It is true, of course, that R7 is a
        big step forward in technology and truly puts MAPICS in the technology
        forefront in many important ways. The problem is one of perception.
        People think that if we lead with technology then it must be weak in
        "business function". As you can see, that is not true at all. Feel free
        to spread the word. I am delighted to have you cut/paste to an internal
        memo, and I hope everyone else on this list takes the same liberty. As
        you do that, would you care to share some of the "business terminology"
        with us? I love to hear how you can make practical use of the things we
        provide.
        James, glad you liked the list. You're right about the "cool stuff in
        there'. We have more cool stuff up our sleeve (but I'm not giving out
        any secrets yet).  I would like to know what you mean about the
        right-click copy/paste. Can you elaborate?