Ann,

Couple things to add.  Since you only have one site and you found the item
in the ITEMASC file, that means at one time the item must have been
released to PDM.  That does NOT however, ensure that there is an Item
Release record (ITMREL), although there should be.  Make sure one exists,
If it does not, create a new site, copy the item revision to the new site,
same item number, and release the item to PDM.  Then release the original
item in the original site again to PDM.  That would fix the Imissing item
release problem.   Without an Item Release record for every item, MAPICS
will not know how to update the PDM file with changes made to ITMREVx.

Also, if you really want the system to pull from the Item Revision records
for purchasing, there is another PTF (number unknown to me at the moment,
but I can get it for you if you drop me a note) which fixes a couple
programs to use the unit cost default from the Item Revision record rather
than Item Master if your control indicates that for PO price.  As far as I
know, you'll still have the challenge of description, item type, item
class, etc., coming from ItemMASc rather than ItmREVc.   it's not perfect,
but it can be made to be workable.

Hope those help.

Michael G. Ellis
Information Systems International, Inc.
A Global ERP Consulting Firm
815-398-1670 x23

Choose ISI consultants to ensure consistently top quality implementation
services at all levels of your organization.

"To enjoy the things we ought and to hate the things we ought has the
greatest bearing on excellence of character. "
Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics