From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walker, Dale
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 8:48 AM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: Chameleon

Iain,

Good luck finding a MAPICS account using Chameleon. The product has been
DOA since its introduction into the MAPICS suite a few years back. IMO
it is a solid solution to web configuration needs; however, depending
upon the other modules that you currently have deployed, the
prerequisites can be very costly and time to implement could be measured
in years VS months. That gets very heavy. Personally, I would be quite
suspect if it is going to even remain as a current product offering with
MAPICS.

Depending on your specific requirements you may want to talk with TriMin
Systems about the Knowledge Based Configurator (KBC). A little bird told
me that KBC will be extended to the web and we "might" see something as
early as 1Q04 as there are some little programming elves working on it
now in Atlanta and Roseville...

Dale Walker
Gross-Given Mfg & Automatic Products Intn'l