From: Pete Olshavsky [mailto:polshavsky@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 1:14 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB AMFLIBE is performance hog

Bryan, You should probably sumbit that to a job queue that is not used as
much like qpgmr. And should think about running after hours. Depending on
file size. It has to build all the logicals so that may be why the system
slows down.

good luck

Pete Olshavsky
Ind Mapics Programmer/Systems Analyst

"Burns, Bryan" <burnsbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Manually refreshed our test environment this morning using last night's
backup tape. All went smoothly except our system really slowed down during
the restore from tape. Restore was from a MAGSTAR 3570 of AMFLIBE which is
40 GB. The restore took 1.5 hours

I submitted the RSTOBJ interactively but changed the priority to 51 after my
boss called asking why the system was so slow. For the next refresh, what
can I do to limit the resources a RSTOBJ OBJ(*ALL) SAVLIB AMFLIBE uses?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan Burns
System Operator
Echo Incorporated