I agree with Rusty.  Actually, LCR is common in both fax systems and modern
(within the last decade or so) PBX's.  Does your company have an internal
PBX?  If so, and you are routing your fax calls out through it, check and
make sure your PBX handles LCR.  If not, you are wasting money on ALL your
long distance calls, not just your faxes.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

                      "Russell Stuart"

                      <trautsr@xxxxxxxxx        To:       mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      om>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Faxing from
MAPICS at remote locations
                      mapics-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      02/09/2004 09:39

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

   Ron,

   Most fax systems that have IP connected fax servers will have LCR.  It's
   not an uncommon task.

   Rusty Stuart
   American Presence, Inc.
   800-429-8983, x205
   www.international-presence.com

   mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   >                       mapics-l-bounces@m        cc:
   >                       idrange.com               Subject:  Re: Faxing
   from MAPICS at remote locations

   >                       02/08/2004 03:15
   >                       AM
   >                       Please respond to
   >                       MAPICS ERP System
   >                       Discussion
   >

   >Bingo!
   >LCR is exactly what we're after.
   >We'd use the email route but some of our customers/vendors absolutely
   >insist on receiving
   >hardcopy fax, no efax and no email allowed. We don't argue with the
   >customer.
   >
   >Thank You
   >Ron
   >
   >Mike wrote:
   >
   > >What you're looking to do is called least-cost routing (LCR).
   >
   > >Dale is right as well! If you can potentially email the document then
   >that
   > >works as well, assuming you can get past any existing spam filters.
You