Hey Kevin, how goes it?

You wrote 'have you tried WorkFlow' as if it's a demo CD you can try for
60 days!  :)

Is it possible to play around with it?  Not aware of any MAPICS modules
like that!

Just curious at this point.......

Regards...james

"Kevin Fox" <kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/20/2004 04:29 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Purchase Requisitions and EXCEL

Hi Wayne,

Have you tried MAPICS WorkFlow.  It works great and is very flexible.  It
will accommodate your needs.  It can easily accommodate approved vendor
lists (that don't exist in MAPICS) as well as creating quotes on a
schedule.
For example, lets suppose you would like to receive all new quotes on your
purchased items every quarter.  You would like a system to automatically
startup the quoting process, perhaps push the quote out to the vendor as
HTML with return receipt that would automatically populate your quotations
files, allow you to compare new quotes and select quotes based upon price,
lead time, quality rating (or anything else) and route the quotes for
approval depending upon value, item type, commodity code classification,
etc. and once approved, automatically create the quotations in the MAPICS
files that MRP can use to schedule and release orders.  This of course
would
automatically take into account quantity price breaks as quoted.

There is much more that can be done, but that is just a start.

Which AS400 faxing software do you use?

Kevin Fox
kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx