   Christmas SPAM?   :)
   <FONT   color=#990099>-----mapics-l-bounces+leleux=shur-lok.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   w= rote: -----

   To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   From: mkleinman@CCSE= SERVERS.COM
   Sent by: mapics-l-bounces+leleux=shur-lok.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx   Date:
12/23/2003 10:24AM
   cc: Chuck.Foley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bford@ccse= servers.com,
   ShawnT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx= om
   Subject: Re: MAPICS-L Digest, Vol 1, Issue 850

   Shawn,

   Happy Holidays to all on this list!!!
   <= BR>IBM has a product called BRMS that can help automate your backups
   and <B= R>track tapes, etc.

   If you need more info, you can check
   out...h= ttp://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/service/BRMS/

   If you loo= k under Business Partners on that page, my firm is listed as
   an
   IBM app= roved resource. Please feel free to call if yo would like to
   discuss...= .

   You may be able to handle with CL, but you may want to take a look= at a
   more robust solution that is covered under your software subscrip= tion
   for
   the AS/400/iSeries and has update sand other useful applicatio= ns for
   your
   ops staff.

   Just a thought..

   Mitchell K. K= leinman
   Executive Vice President
   CCS - an IBM Premier Business Partne= r
   949-476-0874 (Main)
   949-261-3298 (Direct)
   949-922-2434 (Cell)<BR= >949-261-9164 (Office Fax)
   425-940-1954 (eFax)
   Mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<= BR>
   "Providing quality hardware, software, services and consulting solut= ions
   to IBM iSeries customers since 1982."

   mapic= s-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   12/2= 3/2003 10:00 AM
   Please respond to
   mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

   To   mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   cc

   Subject
   MAPICS-L Digest, Vol 1, I= ssue 850

   Send MAPICS-L mailing list submissions = to
                   mapics-l@mid= range.com

   To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<= BR>
         http://list= s.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/mapics-l
   or, via email, send a messa= ge with subject or body 'help' to
             &n= bsp;     mapics-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx

   You can reach the p= erson managing the list at
               &n= bsp;   mapics-l-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

   When replying, please edit y= our Subject line so it is more specific
   than "Re: Contents of MAPICS-L d= igest..."

   Today's Topics:

     1. Automate Mapics Back= up (Shawn Thobe)

   -----------------------------------------------= -----------------------

   message: 1
   date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:22:0= 8 -0500
   from: "Shawn Thobe" <ShawnT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx><BR= >subject:
   Automate Mapics Backup

   I've recently been assigned to admi= nister our 400 and was wanting to
   automate the backup process.  Abo= ut the only time we can get a dedicated
   system is on the weekend.  = I saw something regarding a Save While Active
   and how this could be used= throughout the week and then do a full Mapics
   on the weekend.  I w= as wondering if the whole backup process (getting
   dedicated system, chan= ging the status of open and abend jobs, cleaning
   up Inventory ....) coul= d be done using CL programming?  Thanks for your

   Before posting, please take a moment to review the arc= hives

   End of MAPICS-L D= igest, Vol 1, Issue 850