Hi Ann,

Oh, I didn't know the Catalog interface as "C.I.E." (I guess I should
review the marketing stuff more often).  We have our own catalog, and we
interface it directly to the COM_Net2 shopping cart just as you are
describing.  It's easy to do the link - it's just a hyperlink/hotspot on
the pages.  You can do the catalog pages with any decent web screen editor.
We ended up doing them in Dreamweaver, but you can use a lot easier tools
than that - I've done some quick minor changes using Netscape Composer, and
you can't get much more basic than that!.

If you want to see an easy way to do it, e-mail me directly and I'll walk
you through a demo sign-on and show you how we did our catalog - it was
really easy to do.  We put the actual hyperlink/hotspots on the item#, item
description box part of each page, so the customer just clicks on the
actual item#/description line on the page, and it adds it to the order (we
did a little "rollover" pop-up windows on the item, too).

Literally, all you have to do it figure out how to do one item, then copy
and paste it for all the others, changing the item# that gets passed.  It's
really easy.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
Somerset, PA

                      "Ann Neal"

                      <aneal@letourneau-        To:       "MAPICS ERP System
Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      inc.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: Adding CIE to
Com_Net
                      mapics-l-bounces@m

                      idrange.com

                      11/17/2003 09:16

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Dale,

Follow that Lexel link and click on Products, then click on "Click here for
more information" under the COM_Net2 Suite... Catalog Interface Engine
(C.I.E.) for COM_Net2 allows you to interface your own catalog system to
the
COM_Net2 shopping cart.  Dale, none of us have any training in HTTP, HTML,
JAVA, or any PC/Internet stuff - strictly a little DOS script and mucho
RPG/CL.  Lexel says we would have to do the actual linking from our
catalog.
They never proposed an option that they would contract the work for a fee.

Dale wrote:

Ann,

What's CIE?  I've successfully added Java applications to COM_Net, but it
was an in-house written warranty application (in Java, using Seagull
JWalk).