From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Behalf Of Burns, Bryan
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:56 PM
To: 'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'
Subject: RE: Back ups with Magstar 3570

Thanks Ann! We have been using the green tapes.  Our compression and
compaction is the same as yours. We use two tapes nightly to back up about
45 gb.  About 40 of that is MAPICS and the rest is in-house stuff.

I just talked to my vendor who said there is only a $13 in difference
between the red and green, due to some price hikes on the green.

Can I use the red and green interchangeably on the 3570 without changing any
settings? We use *DEVTYPE for tape density.