We use Formsprint (www.formsprint.com) for all MAPICS forms, except
checks.  Long story.....
You can do the spool search and print things like 'Customer' 'Accounting',
etc.
We even have a parameter set up where certain customer numbers don't have
their copy printed
because they don't want the invoice.

I believe their product will output PDF & fax as well.
I believe we paid $7,000 for it!?!?!?

Remember to consider getting a laser printer with a media drawer that
locks, I think Lexmark makes them.

"Burns, Bryan" <burnsbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/16/2003 12:32 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Laser printing A/P checks

Looking to replace a Decision Data 6550 line printer with a laser printer
for printing A/P checks.  Laser printing was my suggestion and Accounting
is
open to the idea but would like some costs. Presently print about 200
two-part AP checks a week on preprinted forms.

Do we have to buy a forms package to accomplish this?  We presently hand
stamp the checks. What would be the ballpark price for a bare bones forms
package?

On the other hand, we also line print about 200 two-part invoices a day,
three-part BOL's on preprinted forms, and PO's on preprinted cut sheets
for
a laser printer, so perhaps we should buy a package to do it all.

Any recommendations?

Bryan Burns
System Operator
ECHO Incorporated