Mike,

I hadn't heard that, but if I read your message correctly, it sounds like
they are trying to move SyteLine to MAPICS/XA (you said they'd give 2 XA
licenses for each SyteLine license).  I don't know for sure, but my read on
what they have done is to attempt to get into the PC server-driven ERP
market with SyteLine in addition to the XA product line.  And also offer
some of the SyteLine apps as add-ons to MAPICS.  Specifically, I am looking
at the possibility of using SyteLine CRM, interfaced to XA.  They've got
thousands of XA customers who, I am quite sure, are not interested in
moving to a Windows-server platform off an iSeries platform.  Those
thousands of customers are paying serious $$$ in ALFs - I don't see MAPICS
walking away from that.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
Somerset, PA

                      michael.ellis@isii

                      nternet.com               To:       mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      mapics-l-bounces@m        Subject:  Re: Are they really
trying?  (For Konrdad from Mike/ ISI)
                      idrange.com

                      09/09/2003 01:27

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

   Konrad,

   You know me, I'd be the first to rush to their defense if I thought they
   deserved it.  But these d
ys, it's getting harder and harder to see a
   direction at MAPICS Inc. that ontinues to develop the XA product in
   meaningful ways.  I hope I'm wrong, but I hear they're offering
   trade-ins ---- 2 XA licenses for each Syteline license.  What message do
   you guys get from that?
   Michael G. Ellis
   Information Systems International,&nsp;Inc.
   A Global ERP Consulting Firm
   815-398-167 x23

   Choose ISI consultants to ensur   e consistently top quality
implementation services    at all levels of your organization.

   "To enjoy the things we ought and to&nbsp   ;hate the things we ought
has the greate   st bearing on excellence of character. "
   Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics