You will be able to close the item by doing and RP transaction with no qty
and using a "C" on the completion code.

Josue

-----Original Message-----
From: Nandagopal Padmanabhan [mailto:npadmanabhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:30 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: RE: PO Force Close

Konrad,
The situation we have is a little different. We had a PO (with 8 items) and
7 items had RP transactions and invoices processed against them. The 8th
item also had an RP transaction done, but the RP transaction was later
reversed as that item was not needed. Since that 8th item could not be
canceled/deleted (as it had activity reported against it), I had to force
close the PO. And today, I did my month-end operations and moved it into
history...and then accounting department calls me and tells me that they had
received a credit (that a different story) for that purchase order invoice
and the PO's status needs to be changed.

Well...anyway, the acct. dept has decided to do negative IA transactions to
take those PO items out of stock and apply the credit they have received
from the vendor to the variance account that IA transactions go to!! I
suppose this will have the desired inventory and financial implications.

I would still like to know how a PO's status can be changed after moving it
into history. Another question I have is: why doesn't MAPICS allow me to
cancel an item, even though an RP transaction has been completely
reversed????

Thanks,
Nandu