Al,
This doesn't change in any later release of MAPICS.  The "T" means that
there is something inconsistent in the data at this level of the BOM &
Routing.  In your example, you have choosen to cost the item using a
Routing.  Then you've indicated that no routing steps are active.  That
actually has no impact on the cost calculations.  But if the standard cost
fields are calculated to 0 (that is, run labbor/machine times are set to 0
or the rate per hour is 0) then there is no labor cost.  MAPICS considers
this inconsistent for a manufactured item.

I have two suggestions for your situation.  If you want to use the MO
document to process the kit, then change the item type = 9.   This will
effectively treat the item as purchased from a costing perspective.  That
will prevent the "T" in the status flags for this item.  It will also
still allow you to attach a BOM & Routing to the item.   My other option
would be to use the Kit Pick List function in COM to list the components
that need to be pulled from stock and packed together.  I suspect you have
already considered that and that's why you use the MO as you do.

Hope that helps.

Mike

message: 1
date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:49:04 -0400
from: "Al Gershen" <aldg3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Clearing Cur/Std Cost Status 'T" on a Kit Part

Environment: Mapics DB (Mod4) with PDM

Hi group:

We have assigned a single Item Number to a group of parts
that we sell to customers as a kit.  The Item Number is
coded as Item Type 2 (Manufactured Component) so that a
routing is created.

On it's routing, it has two steps (Kit Parts and Final
Quality Check).  Both of these steps have NO standard
labor hours shown and the Operation Status Code is set at
00 (Inactive) for both steps.

The routing is necessary as a memo item to accompany the
Manufacturing Order (MO) so that it is filled correctly
and checked after being filled.  Labor for these steps is
charged to Manufacturing Overhead accounts and not to the
MO.  The customer is billed for the parts only with no
labor associated with the order.

If you look at the Item Master File-B Record, it shows a
"T" (some of the item's this-level costs are inconsistent
with its item type) next to the Current and Standard Cost
Status fields.

My question is what do I have to do the clear this "T"
from these fields so that the resulting fields are "blank"
(the item's costs are complete)?

I look forward to your comments.

Regards,
Al Gershen
ECS Composites
Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
aldg3@xxxxxxxxxxx

Michael G. Ellis
Information Systems International, Inc.
A Global ERP Consulting Firm
815-398-1670 x23

Choose ISI consultants to ensure consistently top quality implementation
services at all levels of your organization.

"To enjoy the things we ought and to hate the things we ought has the
greatest bearing on excellence of character. "
Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics